Friday, January 29, 2010

Scrappy Basket Weave by Wendy F.














Today the group had a work shop for making a scrappy 16-patch. I already had plans to for my 2- inch strips, so I decided to follow through and start on my 'scrappy basket weave quilt.' The first picture is what I had done by noon ( I was working on my tulip quilt part of the morning as well) I was feeling energetic after lunch so I took my CD player and went back over to the church in the afternoon. The second picture shows the additional blocks that I sewed. This quilt is supposed to be on the diagonal so I tried tried to assemble it that way. It will have to be re-arranged so that it comes out on point, and the blocks are not in their final position, I need to make a lot more blocks and there will be a lot more combination's of colour.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good Wendy! Maybe some of our other members will want to make this in the future. I like the blocks on point!

    ReplyDelete